Friday, May 6, 2011

Little Man Has Arrived!!

We got to the hospital around 10:30 pm, and we got the IV of fluids and potocin started at 11:00.  Dr. McGuirk came in and broke my water around midnight.  Now we wait.  You don't want to get the epidural too early, or it could inhibit the labor so the nurses tell you to endure the pain as long as you can.  Great.  By 4:00 am, I couldn't handle it anymore.  I needed the drugs.  Epidural time.  More waiting. 



At 11:30, I was ready to start pushing.  Jack was born at 1:22 pm.  Our 9 lb 3 oz bundle of joy was perfect.  21 1/4 inches long.  Big boy.  During labor, I ran a 102 degree fever, so the little man had to spend 48 hours in the NICU.  Needless to say, he was the biggest baby in he NICU.






I'm happy to report that after 48 hours with antibiotics, all of Jack's tests came back negative.  He's a perfect little man.  We are so lucky - I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment