Friday, December 17, 2010

The Christmas Season is here!

I was excited all week because Stu and I had an eventful weekend planned - Christmas parties and Lights in the Heights.  I haven't been to Lights in the Heights before, so I was most excited about this.  Woodland Heights, a neighborhood close to ours holds this celebration every year.  Every house is decorated, there are tons of parties, bands and concessions are set up in the little neighborhood square.  It's so cute.  I am sans camera at the moment, so I didn't get a lot of pictures.  Don't you worry though, I think Santa is bringing me a camera for Christmas - no more excuses.  Get ready for LOTS of pictures!! 

Friday night:  Both Stu and my Christmas parties were on the same night.  We opted for Stu's since it was close to home and we both know the caterer - who is awesome.  And for those that know me well, I am quite the 'foodie.'  Food always wins in my book.  The party was held at Winter Street Studios, a cool little art gallery.  My mom was also there representing the McGuire's since my dad isn't come home until Dec 20.  She was amazed at my baby bump.  It did seem to just pop out overnight....




Baby Bump!!
 Saturday: I was determined to clean house, organize and cook all day long.  I spent my day doing just that, and made these cute little gifts to give out to friends - homemade cinnamon rolls and fudge!  The cinnamon rolls are from The Pioneer Woman.  If you haven't been to her blog, I highly recommend it.  She's awesome.  In no way are any of her recipes healthy, but they are delicious.  The cinnamon rolls were no different.  YUM-MY!!  http://thepioneerwoman.com/



Saturday night:  Our friend Carly invited us to her house before the Lights in the Heights festivities began.  She was such a great host, had tons of food, drinks - even a prerecorded fire in her "fireplace."  (fireplace = tv)  It was great to see all of our friends.  Brittany and Drew came with their baby girl Charlotte.  She is absolutely adorable!  After the pre-celebration, it was off to Lights in the Heights.  What a wonderful time.  I can't wait until next year.  I'm attaching the link, because like I said earlier....not many pictures.  http://www.woodland-heights.org/lightsintheheights.htm


Nora, Nathan, Charlotte, Drew and Blake
 Overall the weekend was great and really got us into the Holiday spirit.  Since then, we've been listening to a lot of Christmas music, wrapping gifts, and get ready to spend time with our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment